Friday, June 12, 2009

For a while I spent my time getting all pissed off at traffic lights

Does this ever happen in Stockholm? Or any major city? I pulled up to a traffic light yesterday, in Sweden's Armpit, my hometown of old. Another car right in front of me. It turns red. We stop. I look right. I look left. Not a car, anywhere. No pedestrians, no bikes, no nothing. The crosswalk lights remain red. Our light remains red. After about a minute it turns green and we move on.

Now, I don't suffer from road rage, really. Like any driver I get pissed at my fellow drivers sometimes, and this could have raised my pulse quite a bit too. However, it felt surreal enough that all I could do was smile about it. For some reason it felt like I was watching from the sidelines, pointing at the suckers just standing there, waiting, for no reason. And I was the sucker.

If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.
- Matt Damon, "Rounders"

No comments: