Thursday, August 6, 2009

I love the smell of urine in the morning

The apartment hasn't been invaded by the smoke from next door's in a while, knock on wood. Sometimes we get smoke from an apartment below us, when we have the balcony windows open, but there's nothing to do about that.

However, Smoking Woman remains, an unseen presence in the apartment next to ours. Not unsmelled, though. The landing outside our apartment reeks from cat urine. Horribly. I can only imagine how it must smell in there, considering the stench outside.

And the smell isn't the big issue. Why the hell keep cats if you can't take care of them properly? And should I call animal control or something? She's an old woman, but that's no excuse, really. There may be animals suffering in there, and while I do prefer my animals on the barbecue, that ain't a good thing.

So what to do, what to do? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call animal control by all means...and quickly too. Though I feel slightly better about cats suffering than dogs.

beardonaut said...

I have now sent an email to ask who I should contact about this. We'll see.