Friday, September 11, 2009

Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today

So I'm off today. The plane leaves at 1310, and I land in Auckland, New Zeeland, 36 glorious hours later. Happy happy joy joy at the trip, not so much joy at all that time spent in a metal tube with wings and crap air recycling systems, or three weeks away from Mah Girl, but still.

I will be hanging out with The Beardless One, as in my brother, and his girlfriend for two weeks. See some sights, gawk at nature, drink some beer, go cave-tubing and relax. Sweet. And then shopping for six days in Kuala Lumpur. And gawking at skyscrapers. Sweet again.

I aim at posting regularly here during the trip, but we'll see. The point is to experience, not photograph your experience or write about it, as a friend once put it. On some levels I see his point. We're all too busy chronicling or planning how to chronicle our lives that we tend to forget to stop and just enjoy.

I hope I can find some balance in that regard over the next three weeks. Because we all know I'm too much of an attention whore not to write while I'm down there.

2 comments:

eva said...

Se till att njut & hälsa till din bror.

beardonaut said...

Jag gör't. Han hälsar tillbaka.