Saturday, October 11, 2008

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn

I like the fall. I'm not a heat person. At all. At maybe 25, 26 degrees Celsius I just shut down. Headache, fatigue, the whole thing.

So September, October spells relief for me. Especially since all the windows in our apartment are facing south, and air-conditioning is very much a no-show in Swedish apartment buildings. I bought a portable one a few years back, but it's kind of noisy and not really a proper replacement for the real thing.

Then again, I'm not a rain person either. And so not a snow person. So, yes, mistlur, I am a complainer. A whiner. Weather is rarely right for me. If I had my way, we would have late summer evening weather, all the time, 24/7, 365 days a year.

Now the leaves are turning for real. I wish I had the time and peace of mind to just go out and walk around for hours, looking. Maybe next weekend. Or maybe the one after that. Or...

4 comments:

LadyM said...

Vanligtvis brukar jag hata den här tiden på året men jag måste erkänna att regnet och den svala luften i år kommer som en lättnad.
Inga pollenhalter och inga getingar, kan inte bli bättre!

EGE said...

Oh, see, and here's where I'm a cornball. Because I love ALL the seasons, and when it starts to turn -- spring to summer, summer to fall, fall to winter, winter to spring, it makes no difference -- I think the one coming up is my FAVORITE season and I can't WAIT for it to come.

Dork. I know.

Right now, Indian Summer is my FAVORITE!

beardonaut said...

lady m: Ja, getingar kan jag verkligen klara mig utan. I somras verkade de tro att vår balkong var någon sorts landningsbana.

ege: You're quite adaptive, aren't you? Not me. Set in my bearded ways.

mistlur said...

haha, i'm like ege. except when it comes to rain and wind (which in no ways are seasons but still weather). if it's windy outside and i'm roofless, you can all safely bet your money that i'm doing a lot of cursing and naivly questioning the purpose of such pointless elements. so, beardo, i may not be a whiner, but i'm definitley not adapting to the world all that easily either.