Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all

A new year has just begun. Outside it sounds like artillery fire, and the horizon is lit up by fireworks. Literally, lit up. It's spectacular. We live on the fifth floor, on top of a hill, and on a clear day, like today, we can see for miles and miles. Tonight, just like two years ago, we can see fireworks from hundreds of sites, detonating all over the horizon. Very cool.

I'm not much for resolutions, New Year's or any other kind. Last year our resolution was to go more to the movies. We did. This year my resolution is less clear-cut, less measurable.

2009 will be a better year than 2008. Not saying I've had a bad year, on the whole, just that 2009 needs to be better than 2008. I hope yours is as well.

(I was thinking about doing some kind of list over the year, top movie and CD and all that, but I won't. Instead I will do many lists. I will unleash a barrage of lists. And I expect you all to accept the challenge. Be prepared)

No comments: