Monday, August 11, 2008

Blood is a precious thing in these times

It’s a well-known fact that I’m a complete klutz. I spill milk. I drop things without any apparent reason. I fall out of all kinds of furniture to the amusement of others (mostly Mah Girl though).

Yet another notch on my belt today.

I was making pancakes, and turned around to adjust the volume on the CD player, when my feet decided it was a good idea to become entangled in two pieces of luggage on the floor. Why is there luggage on the kitchen floor, you ask? Why, because our landlord decided to renovate our basement storage area a while back, we had to store all our crap in the apartment and we’re so lazy we haven’t moved it back yet.

Anyway. Feet in luggage. I fell. Someone, somewhere, surely yelled “Timmmmbeeeeeerrrr!”. I managed to avoid smashing my face against the kitchen bench, and managed to fit my arm into the space between the bench and the shelf. All of it luck rather than skill.

On my feet, with minor aches and pains in my arms and legs and The Head. Continued making pancakes. Noticed a warm sensation on my shin. Whaddaya know? Blood!

All Band-Aid:ed up. Yes, those are ninjas.

It’s also a well-known fact that I’m a pale and hairy man. Pale Force, here I come!

Oh. And a short little something that took place in our loving home today.

Mah Girl: I almost pinched your ass…
(and here I was about to say “thank you for refraining from it”, as she continued)
…but then you moved away too quickly.

Can you feel the love?

No comments: